TEH WALKING DEADS + FEAR TEH WALKING DEPP

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

Re: TEH WALKING DEADS + FEAR TEH WALKING DEPP

Post by die » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:52 pm

JDM kills it as Negan. It's pretty much the same as it was with The Governor for me, the choice in actors really does make all the difference in the world.

Negan saying NOT COOL and "I will shut that shit down" sold me. He's brutal, sarcastic and charismatic. I don't know how they will ever top him on the show. I think you will eventually get to the point where there has to be a super zombie of some sort as the major threat... like a smart zombie or some hybrid/new breed of zombie.

As for killing Glenn, they pissed the fans off so much with Glenn's dumpster escape, I guess they had to make up for it. Abraham pretty much was a one-man comedic relief team, so there's a part of the show that'll be missing for sure.

I don't think it would make sense for Negan to kill ANY of the chicks. I enjoy the psychology with his character, it's pretty well done so far.

They haven't done jack shit with Daryl this season. I don't know if that was to tease him as dying or if at one point they considered killing him off, but they need to shit or get off the pot at this point with him.
There is another Skywalker....
die

Post by die » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm

King Ezekiel was great.

At first, I was like "nah", but he grew on me super fast.

I haven't read anything on The Kingdom in the comics that I can remember, so I had no point of comparison. I had heard many people talk about the Kingdom and Ezekiel, so I had a rough idea.

but yeah, it was cool.

Also, Negan will probably soon find out about the tainted pigs and lose his shit.

NOT COOL.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:54 pm

They cast Ezekiel perfectly. The actor really just hits the nail exactly on the head, both the phony pomp and circumstance AND the pragmatic beneath the surface. This was a really good change-of-pace episode.

I like Morgan more and Carol less than previously after this episode; I don't understand why Carol isn't a balance of hesitant and excited at the Kingdom given that good people are so scarce and this is at worst a functioning community that isn't eating people. Lighten up, Francis.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:18 pm

I stayed with The Walking Dead up until the season ending cliffhanger. Then I watched who got killed in the next episode and now I'm out. Here's why:

1) THE WRITING - Here is TWD's character development: A dude we know got killed. Let's mope for four episodes. When Rick decides to go after Negan without planning or thinking it through, it was totally out of character. It was like, "We have to do something to get them to the point with the baseball bat." Darryl chases after some dude to avenge the doctor's death and gets captured. Daryl is a TRACKER, now he's just some hambone that gets ambushed by a dude with a burnt face?

2) NEGAN - I'm sure that Jeffrey Dean guy is a good actor, but as Negan he is horribly miscast. Negan is a brute. Built like Tyrese. He is not some yo-yo wearing a neckscarf in skinny jeans that talking fucking forever about every move he makes. Negan can't even fill out a pair of pants. i'm terrified. I've seen one episode with Negan and The Governor is already a better written villain than he is.

3) KIRKMAN- reading up on this guy and it seems like he's finally got the showrunner he likes (Scott Gimple). The first director Darabont and his replacement Mazzara were too busy trying to adapt Kirkman's comic to TV that it got in the way of Kirkman calling all the shots. Well now, Kirkman, you've got the special effects guy (Greg Nicotero) as the director and this yes man Gimple as the showrunner. It's all yours "Comic book guy who wants to run a whole TV show."

4) THE CLIFFHANGER - The Walking Dead was supposed to be better than this. The first season felt more like a movie on TV than an actual TV series. But now we're at the stage where it's just cliffhangers and "who will be killed next?" They have the ratings, so I'm not sure why they resort to these silly TV cliches to try to get ratings. It reeks of Kirkman being overmatched, but the executives don't give a shit because it still draws money.

To be honest, the last episode I really enjoyed was the one where Sophia came out of the barn.
die

Post by die » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:30 pm

^ Can't really disagree with any of that.

They've definitely lost their way with Darryl. At some point he was probably supposed to die, but they didn't want to run off the huge fan base he has. He's been a weak character for several seasons now.

Something is off with Kirkman. I mean, the guy definitely comes across as a prick, but I'm not sure if it's because he is pissed at the product they've turned his product into or it's just that now he's a rich prick. He just seems to have an asshole vibe on anything I see him in. I find it hard to have a solid opinion on the guy, I'm like wtf is his problem?

Agreed on wishing Negan was a more physically imposing guy. I'm not so sure they'd have been able to find a big dude in Hollywood without pulling somebody from wrestling...which would end up sucking balls. The actor who plays him is a good actor and has the charisma to carry the character, my problem is more about the writing. Now, all Negan does is threaten people. Last week, he should've caved some heads in for that shit at Alexandria. Rick should've been forced to decide who dies and he should've chosen Spencer based on Spencer's hoarding tactics.

So, you got a guy who is basically a charismatic hipster psychopath killer, that's a tough sell if he isn't killing people.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 am

For the most part, Repo is dead on. TWD pretty much sucks now, but it's a guilty pleasure show that my wife loves and I can tolerate the bad writing in lieu of good acting. Several characters (Rick, Morgan, Michonne, Glen, Maggie, Eugene, Negan) are very well acted and have made me buy in to the characters in spite of some brutal writing.

The only thing I disagree with is on the need for Negan to be imposing. We're somewhere around 3 years after the Zombie Apocalypse; I'd think pretty much everyone would be lean by now. Having a huge, muscular asskicker is just unrealistic. We'd spend too much time laughing at who his HGH guy was, or where he bought his muscle milk. Give me the good actor that's a little too thin but uses psychological warfare over Kevin Nash trying to act as an actor any day.
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:08 pm

I have the perfect pitch for Nash as Negan.

He could be "Kneegan". Every time he comes to swing the bat, his knee gives out and he collapses. Then he can be revived by covering his entire dead body in Cracklin' Oat Bran. The Saviors could be renamed "Chicken Legs and The Quad Squad".

^ that's a reference that's probably like 14 years old. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

It still sounds better than Goldberg/Brock Squash Match City from Survivor Series.

Goldberg said he wanted his son to see him "wrestle". I guess that meant "just do 2 moves".

and I thought I got ripped off at Christmas as a kid.
$nave

Post by $nave » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

People have been waiting a long time to see Goldberg wrestle. I'll alert the kid when it happens.
die

Post by die » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:34 pm

He came out and said BROCK LESNAR...YOU'RE LAST before the match.

Now, it's been reported that he's actually signed on for more matches lol.

This is like Flair's "retirement" all over again.

or Scott Hall's sobriety.
die

Post by die » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Damn that was a dumb episode last night.

There's an all-chick camp and the biggest lesbian on the show is dying to leave it. :lol:

"All the fish you can eat" - yeah, I see what you did there...sure.

Shitty swerve on Heath being a zom. This show is just being a bitch now.

Next week looks to be more of Negan making threats and not doing shit to back them up.

this better get better soon, like for real. :x
die

Post by die » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:13 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/walking ... 03293.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD, FAT BITCH.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 pm

die wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/walking ... 03293.html

:lol:

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD, FAT BITCH.
Sneaky Tits has transformed into Disgusting Swampmonster.

I understand that she has kids and all women gain weight in pregnancy. I also get that some gain a lot of weight.

BITCH YOU'RE STARRING IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SHOW WHERE NO ONE HAS ANY FUCKING FOOD.

It doesn't bother me that she's fat because she looks less hot. It bothers me that she's fat because it makes absolutely zero sense from a character perspective.

Maybe Carl shows up next week with fresh new braces, or Daryl juices up and comes back from Negan's camp looking like a headliner in the NWO.
die

Post by die » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:14 pm

She actually started looking more like a real life lesbian :lol:

Storyline wise, they could've just went with her looking more like her girlfriend or the catlady that guards the weapons cache.

I would honestly kill for an NWO storyline on TWD, they should do a whole WCW inspired episode.

it would be lightyears better than that Tara at the fishcamp episode.

die

Post by die » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:28 pm

ok, so last night was better than the Tara episode last week, but it still wasn't good.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed the exchange between Negan and the chunky chick who guards the surplus.

the part with Carl taking Negan on tour was stupid and them sitting on the porch with Judith was cringe worthy.

This show is losing it quickly.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 am

die wrote:ok, so last night was better than the Tara episode last week, but it still wasn't good.

I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed the exchange between Negan and the chunky chick who guards the surplus.

the part with Carl taking Negan on tour was stupid and them sitting on the porch with Judith was cringe worthy.

This show is losing it quickly.
Aside from Negan, this show is a goddamned SNOOZE. I skipped it Sunday to watch Westworld; when I was watching TWD tonight (Monday) I laughed at the notion that I used to watch it live.

They have done an ABOMINABLE job of developing stories for any of the interesting characters. Rick, Carol, Jesus, Daryl, Ezekiel... they all just loaf through episodes because their stories can't race past Negan's. All of their collective screen time is a complete waste of time because the only storylines that matter are at the Savior camp so everything else is watching paint dry.

Lone bright spots were the Carl/Negan exchanges, and Eugene. Eugene is always a win, even if you have to put up with super hot latin girl who bores the shit out of me.