TEH WALKING DEADS + FEAR TEH WALKING DEPP

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
RobotJerk

Re: TEH WALKING DEADS + FEAR TEH WALKING DEPP

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 am

die wrote:There was a swerve tonight for sure and somebody will get killed next week for sure.
die

Post by die » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:17 pm

mini-rant inbound...

This season the show is starting to remind me of Lost just a little bit, and that ain't really good.

Remember in Lost how they'd be in the jungle and people would just walk up on them and stuff? They started doing it like EVERY episode and it got annoying. Well, here we are this far in the series and we see how Rick's crew has become skilled at tracking and hiding and stealth kills, etc., yet how many times are they going to get snuck up on, outgunned and then tied-up and gagged?

I'm sure the counter-point to this would be YEAH BUT THEY'VE BEEN LIVING IN ALEXANDRIA AND THEY'VE LET THEIR GUARDS DOWN AND/OR THEY ARE RUSTY AT THIS SURVIVAL BUSINESS.

I don't care, it still sucks to see that the same exact scenario plays out over and over and over.

P.S. -Carol had Ol' Painless from Predator 1 in her jacket.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:55 pm

die wrote: P.S. -Carol had Ol' Painless from Predator 1 in her jacket.
This annoyed the shit out of me. I know that since I tend to lean left, I don't know shit about guns, but WHAT WEAPON could she possibly have so easily concealed? With the rosary hanging out, I thought she had maybe a .22 in there, but apparently she concealed an AK47. How did she fit the stock in her sleeve? How did she get her hand back to the trigger? How did she target EVERYONE with rapid fire that quickly?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

And yes, they do get snuck up on all the time. If Daryl dies, I'm not going to be upset. He's proven himself an impulsive idiot that keeps throwing himself into danger.

My frustration with the show is that the group CONSTANTLY does dumb shit, and marches out to get ambushed. The show makes me feel like a black guy yelling at the movies, because they so consistently do dumb shit that instinctively frustrates you.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:57 pm

die wrote:There was a swerve tonight for sure and somebody will get killed next week for sure.
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that Neegan/Lucille and who he kills could be used as the cliffhanger, given that the entire audience expects him to kill Daryl or Glen or Michonne next week.

Also, is Maggie getting eaten from the inside by a zombie fetus?
die

Post by die » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:41 pm

lionheart wrote:
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that Neegan/Lucille and who he kills could be used as the cliffhanger, given that the entire audience expects him to kill Daryl or Glen or Michonne next week.

Also, is Maggie getting eaten from the inside by a zombie fetus?

I mean, yeah, I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they are going to do. They'll have Negan show up and more than likely kill off Maggie or Abraham. If I had to do a top 3 at this point, I'd add Carl. I just don't see any way they can axe Daryl at this point.

You just made me wish I was a zombie fetus.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:51 pm

The cliff hanger will probably be Rick surrendering to Negan after Negan kills...someone...with his baseball bat.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:34 am

God damn it.
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 am

There's this really painful moment where you've watched 67 commercials and you realize they are about to do a cliffhanger ending...

It's a shit feeling.

This show has for real pissed me off tonight.

We know for sure it's not Rick or Carl.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:09 pm

1. I Hate being right all the time. It's fucking exhausting.
2. This is going to be even shittier when it winds up being Glen, the obvious choice given the show's newfound adherence to comic canon. JDM as Neegan looks great, and should be fun. I really want to not like this show and they try like hell to make it easy on me.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm

Too many random people were at that little pow wow. I think the major cast will make it off ok, and one of the newer folks will get the chop.

Last time I went to Fan Expo in Toronto, Daryl was there and the lineup to get his autograph was like 50,000 strong. All wearing Walking Dead shirts and hats and carrying signs.

There are certain people they can't kill just yet, because they still make them too much damn money.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:21 pm

lionheart wrote:1. I Hate being right all the time. It's fucking exhausting.
2. This is going to be even shittier when it winds up being Glen, the obvious choice given the show's newfound adherence to comic canon. JDM as Neegan looks great, and should be fun. I really want to not like this show and they try like hell to make it easy on me.
1. I can identify 100% with this.
2. I don't think it will end up getting to be Glen. JDM did nail it, that's probably gonna be the best part of next season.

The whole episode was a bit too far-fetched and convenient for the story. I mean, damn... there's gotta be like 100+ saviors, easily. It seems like with that many people in a small area, the folks from Rick's camp would've ran into them all the time. I was also thinking about how much smarter they were in earlier seasons by having a convoy and somebody to scout ahead in a smaller vehicle. It just makes me mad that this show has become this type of a show now. The stupid shit with Glen escaping under the dumpster and now they do the 3D blood-on-the-camera cliffhangers with Daryl getting shot and Negan skullsmashing somebody. It's not cool, it's cheap. The show used to be much smarter than this. I'm tired of everybody getting ambushed and hogtied, I'm tired of enemies in ridiculous numbers and under ridiculous circumstances.

Negan took a hell of a gamble, that was like ALL of his people converged onto one spot. what if Rick's group would've split into 3 or 4 groups? Or does Negan have like 100000 people who've been hiding all season???

it feels like a lot of cheapness.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:57 am

Negan looked like an extra from Grease. Nice fucking parachute pants guy.

This episode annoyed me because now the writers are just fucking with the fans. It didn't need to be 90 min.
And it's been built up to "Negan's coming and someboy's going to die!"

So they jerk us off for 80 min and then he comes out in a XS leather jacket looking all of 175 lbs and gives a 9 min monologue. By minute 4, I'm like, "Fucking kill someone already."

And then the douche writers go on Talking Dead and have the balls to say, "Oh this was just the end of the story about Rick losing control. The person who dies is part of the next story."

Uh no dickhead. You've been teasing Negan coming and someone's going to die. So you're trying to justify your shitty cliffhanger now because you want people salivating for 6 months until you come back.

So guess what? It's the internet age. You cannot hide anything. So when we start to hear how cast member A is no longer on set when you start shooting again, WE WILL ALREADY FUCKING KNOW WHO DIED. And it will be anti-climactic.

Thanks for the blue balls. It shows the writers DGAF about the fans of the show.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 am

I agree with both of you, at least mostly.

The building up of Neegan's group was silly and unnecessary. If you want to capture the whole group, and have this combination of magical whistles / CB radios, why don't you just come in behind the Redneck Mystery Machine? I know it's not as dramatic, but it actually makes sense and doesn't require you pulling off bullshit wizardry.

Rick and the gang picking a random, off-road path that happened to spill out into the waiting circle where THE GODDAMNED RV WAS ALREADY PARKED was nothing short of wizardry. They could have gone in any direction in all of (Virginia?) to get away, and happened to get pushed into the path of the Saviors? Also, if the Saviors have 100,000 people, why did they only send out six at a time to take back huge hauls from massive groups?

I also think the cliffhanger cocktease was absurd, contrived, and bullshit. The only thing I disagree with is whether they DGAF about their fans; it seems to me that they just think they're SO MUCH SMARTER than their fans, and it makes me want to fucking puke.

Next year I bet they keep the dead character on site, maybe even shoot fake scenes with them to help keep Glen/Darryl/whomever from getting "Jon Snowed".
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I want to see the hipster folks behind this show sit down and explain all of this on a map.

I mean, in the zombie apocalypse, everything would have to happen in a small area because:

A. Gas is scarce
B. Gas is scarce

I mean, anything over 30 miles could be a deal breaker because if you can't drive, you'd have to walk. Walking 60 miles round trip would destroy you. You're gonna be fighting off zombies every time the story requires it and you'll have to set up places to sleep, eat, rest, etc.

So, it would be highly unlikely that the group of 800 saviors drove all of those cars a very long distance. It would also be highly unlikely that Rick's group wouldn't have encountered way more of the Saviors in the past, given the fact that they are robbing everybody and snatching up resources.

Also, if you have that many people taking out Walkers, eventually there's gonna be very few zombies anywhere in that area. That's a lot of damn people.

Anybody that is 100-200 miles away from the Saviors would be safe because that would be a hell of a round trip to make with limited gas and recourses ( as well as whatever road hazards along the way). It wouldn't be worth the trip to get a bag of potatoes and some antibiotics when gas is so precious. I mean, where the hell is the camp for all of Negan's folks? There would need to be tons of different ones spread out for miles in order to make it make sense.

Yeah, it's just a tv show but gottdamn it needs to be grounded in reality.
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh yeah, in the effort of keeping 2 discussions going at once... I am actually pretty excited about FTWD season 2.

ZOMBIES IN THE OCEAN?

sold.

Also, the sister in on my radar big time now. From the previews, it looks like her boobs have doubled in size.

I'm a fan.

Since Sneakytits became Not-so-Sneakybelly and Maggie gave herself Joey from Blossom's haircut, this chick continues to be main event status.

She's 22 btw.