"Yes, it's true. This cast has no dick."

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

"Yes, it's true. This cast has no dick."

Post by die » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 am

Original Cast + New Cast = GHOSTBUSTERS III!!

Merrick here...

This kind of slipped through the cracks over the weekend, but was worthy of noting all the same.

Harold Ramis recently spoke with MTV about his new Jack Black comedy THE YEAR ONE, and touched on the status of the new GHOSTBUSTER film. Essentially, Ramis brings clarity to rumors which initially broke when news that a 3rd film was in development.

Ramis promised that all the old core players will take part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz), who co-wrote the original films. "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."

At the moment, Ramis is waiting on a first draft of the script, which is being penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two writer/producers on "The Office," who also wrote "Year One." "Gene and Lee, both of whom I mentored, are now writing the new 'Ghostbusters,' " Ramis said. "I'm consulting with them, as is Dan Aykroyd and [original director] Ivan Reitman.

"Bill Murray is just waiting for the truckload of money to arrive to get him out of his office," Ramis joked.

...says THIS INTERVIEW with Ramis over at MTV.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40592

If you thought Indy looked old, these guys are gonna break your dick in half when you see them.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 am

Bill Murray looks 150. He's still ten times funnier than Jack Black.

Has Jack Black ever done anything funny? Why is he still around?
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:00 am

Pick of Destiny fucking killed me. I've watched it at least 20 times.
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 am

Pick of Destiny owns hardcore.

Has anyone confirmed that this wasn't an April Fools joke?

Edit: Ah... the original link is from March 30th. I guess it's legit.

I've heard rumors about this movie before and everything I'm reading seems to confirm that. Apparently the new game is supposed to sort of fill in the gaps between 2 and 3.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:09 am

Jack Black was good in SHALLOW HAL but in everything else he's a fat guy I want to punch in the throat.

And for real....Ghostbusters 3? Does Ramis really need more money? Is he out of ideas? Why not keep going and I'll jump back at Ghostbusters 11?

GB2 should've never been made, but they salvaged it with the Bobby Brown cameo.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Bill Murray is dead???
Just watched an interview on Channel 4 news (best news channel in the UK) and they interviewed Sigourney Weaver about Avatar, roles for women and Ghostbusters 3.

She said she doesn't have a big part in it but thinks Bill Murray has a bigger part. Then, she put her hand to her mouth and mock-whispered, "He might be playing a ghost." I've never heard about this before and it struck me as quite a big reveal.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 am

It's comforting to see Sigourney Weaver is still just as unattractive as I remembered her.

And fuck you for making me think Bill Murray was dead for really reals, if only for just a second. God dammit, man.
die

Post by die » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm

BEST WORST INTERVIEW EVER:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44129

Dude is zonked on pain pills. I think it actually made the interview better.
die

Re: Ghostbusters 3

Post by die » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65001
We have another rumor from Schmoes Know, they are reporting that Sony has put out offers to Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for the roles of Jeremy and Anna in GHOSTBUSTERS 3. They have no idea who Jeremy or Anna are in relation to the story but they surmise that they might be the son/daughter of one or two of the original members.

Sony is apparently really close to greenlighting GHOSTBUSTERS 3 without the involvement of Bill Murray. The script has been through a million writers so it is hard to know which one they are going to use or are planning on using but I assume they are still sticking with the plan of having a bunch of newer Ghostbusters that join up with the old crew.

This is all just rumor at this point so take it all with a grain of salt. Also, realize that reportedly Stone and Hill have offers but haven’t agreed to star in the film so even if this rumor is true they might still not end up starring in the film. There is still no greenlight on GHOSTBUSTERS 3 but if this rumor is to be believed Sony is getting really close to moving forward with it. Stay tuned though as hopefully we will have some more concrete information soon.

Wow...fucking really? I mean, this isn't even actually news.

If they can't get Bill Murray to sign on they should just fucking quit trying.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:30 pm

the worst part is he was on board at one point in time...hell he showed up at the MTV awards or some shit, dressed as Venkman.

The sad thing is, deep down I know I will still end up seeing it, but I guess at that point it's sorta like having to go see your mom get executed in prison.

I'm hoping it's all just a ploy so he can show up in the movie as a ghost, due to being dead. And thus he surprises us all.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Girl Ghostbusters....

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bill-murra ... 11037.html

Don’t be surprised if Sony heeds at least some of Murray’s professional advice. News of the studio’s plan to kickstart a new actress-centric Ghostbusters installment, under the guidance of Bridesmaids director Paul Feig, leaked in early August, several months after original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman dropped out of a long-gestating, Dan Aykroyd-penned second sequel. (In the interim, it was reported that potential replacements Phil Lord and Chris Miller also declined to work some of their Jump Street magic on another big-in-the ‘80s franchise.) Best buddies (and best awards-show double act) Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have also been mentioned as possible candidates to move into the Ghostbusters’ Tribeca firehouse.

They should just remake the cartoon and call it a day.
die

Post by die » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Soooooo.....30 year anniversary has kicked off....

If they're gonna actually make something officially official, shouldn't this be the time?
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:35 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath.
die

Post by die » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:53 pm

well....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69078

I like that he can shit on the first one while saying he doesn't want to try to shit on the first one.

But, does it even matter? I mean, there's the FILMATION GHOSTBUSTERS.
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:29 pm

He can get all the funding he wants. He can play the mysoginy card all he wants. He can appeal to girl power and faux equality and blah blah blah.

But no one, anywhere wants to see Bridesmaids with ghost traps. Thank Zod we have the video game.